Markham City Services are cancelled until April 5
Mar. 28, 2020
Global Korean Post
Markham City has modified some of its services to Support Breaking the Chain of Transmission of COVID-19.
Markham’s Emergency Operations Centre has been activated in response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation.
To help break the chain of transmission of the virus the City has modified its delivery of some City services including:
- All of Markham’s City facilities are closed to the public.
- All programs and drop-ins – including this week’s March Break camps – will be suspended until April 5 and refunds will be issued.
- All in-person public meetings have been cancelled up to April 5.
- All City-produced and permitted events have been cancelled through May 15, and will be rescheduled, as appropriate.
- Clerk’s department services including Wedding applications, Business License applications and Deputation forms have been suspended until April 5.
- Burial permits will continue to be issued by appointment only.
- Curbside organic, garbage and recycling collection will continue according to the 2020 Collection Schedule.
- Collection of leaf and yard material has been delayed, and is now scheduled to begin on May 19.
- City Tax and Financial Services including Cash Counters are closed to the public. The public is encouraged to use eProperty Tax online services to complete their transaction or at their financial institution.