Conservative platform includes $53 billion in cuts, including $14 billion in hidden cuts
Oct. 18, 2019
Global Korean Post
The Liberal Party of Canada said that Andrew Scheer’s plan will cut taxes for the wealthy and make deep cuts that hurt the middle class. Scheer’s Cuts Plan will be four times deeper than Doug Ford’s cuts in Ontario.
“Now we know why Andrew Scheer waited until the Friday night of a long weekend, at the end of the election, to release his Cuts Plan. He thinks Canadians won’t notice the $53 billion in cuts, including $14 billion in totally hidden cuts,” said Liberal candidate for Gatineau, Steve MacKinnon. “And at the same time Scheer confirmed today he will give a $50,000 tax cut to millionaires – paid for on the backs of everyone else.”
“Canadians have seen what Conservative politicians do. Like Doug Ford, Andrew Scheer will make reckless, painful cuts that cripple our economy and put middle class jobs at risk,” said MacKinnon.
Andrew Scheer will cut things Canadians rely on as he tries to balance the budget. And it will mean:
- Over $18 billion in infrastructure projects cancelled in communities all across the country;
- $7.5 billion in cuts to job-creating investments;
- $1.5 billion in cuts to skills training for Canadians;
- $1.2 billion in cuts to critical public services;
- $14 billion in hidden cuts;
- Higher drug costs and no pharmacare;
- Weaker environmental protections; and
- No help for those in need of affordable housing.
“Millionaires don’t need another tax break. But the middle class does. We have a plan to invest in people and move Canada forward – for everyone,” said Liberal candidate for Ottawa—Vanier, Mona Fortier. “This election is a choice between our Liberal plan to invest in people and our communities – or Andrew Scheer’s plan to help the wealthy and make $53 billion in cuts that will hurt Canadians.”