Queen Street East/Kingston Road/Eastern Avenue intersection to be closed
Aug. 30, 2019
Global Korean Post
The intersection of Queen Street East, Eastern Avenue and Kingston Road will be fully closed from September 7 until early November as the City of Toronto and the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) complete important state-of-good-repair construction to streetcar and other transportation infrastructure.
This work will replace streetcar tracks, upgrade overhead streetcar wires and make the eastbound streetcar platform accessible, as well as make other improvements to the road and sidewalk.
During the full intersection closure, the following traffic restrictions and changes will be in effect:
• Queen Street East will be closed to through traffic between Coxwell Avenue and Woodbine Avenue. (There will be local access on Queen Street East from Coxwell Avenue to just west of Orchard Park Boulevard and from Lark Street to Woodbine Avenue.)
• Kingston Road will be closed at Woodbine Avenue to through traffic; local access will be available from Lark Street to Woodbine Avenue.
• Eastern Avenue will be closed at Coxwell Avenue to through traffic; local access will be available from Coxwell Avenue to Queen Street East.
There will be other lane restrictions in this area before and after the full intersection closure from September 7 to early November as crews complete construction activities that do not require the full intersection closure:
• From September 3 to 7, there will be overnight lane restrictions of the Queen Street East, Eastern Avenue and Kingston Road intersection.
• From early-to-mid November, Queen Street East and Kingston Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
• From mid-November to the end of December, there will be additional overnight lane restrictions on Queen Street East and on Kingston Road as crews continue to install the new overhead streetcar infrastructure.