Who are Winners of the 2020 ENERGY STAR Canada Participant Awards?
June 27, 2020
Global Korean Post
The ENERGY STAR Canada Participant Awards — now in its 17th year — recognize organizations that have demonstrated excellence in promoting the most energy-efficient products and new homes in Canada.
They represent the utilities, manufacturers, retailers, associations and homebuilders that are helping Canadian consumers and businesses save money while also addressing climate change.
With the value of the energy efficiency market expected to grow to $550 billion by 2035, Canada has the opportunity to promote energy efficiency and deliver economic growth through investments in innovation. Through the voluntary leadership of businesses and organizations, Canadians can see the transition to a low-carbon economy in action.
The following companies were honoured for their exceptional achievements in promoting and improving energy efficiency:
ENERGY STAR for Products
- Advocate of the Year: efficiencyPEI – Charlottetown, PEI
- Energy Efficiency Program Administrator of the Year: Arctic Energy Alliance – Yellowknife, NT
- Manufacturer of the Year – Appliances: LG Electronics Canada Inc. – North York, ON
- Manufacturer of the Year – Commercial Products: QBD Cooling Systems Inc. – Brampton, ON
- Manufacturer of the Year – Electronics: Ricoh Canada Inc. – Mississauga, ON
- Manufacturer of the Year – Windows and Doors: All Weather Windows – Edmonton, AB
- Manufacturer of the Year – Heating and Cooling Equipment: Navien Inc. – Woodbridge, ON
- Manufacturer of the Year – Lighting: L’Image Home Products Inc. – Montreal, QC
- Promoter of the Year – ENERGY STAR Most Efficient: Pollard Windows & Doors – Burlington, ON
- Promotional Campaign of the Year: takeCHARGE (Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro) – St. John’s, NL
- Recruit of the Year: Stirling Marathon – Guelph, ON
- Retailer of the Year: The Home Depot Canada – Toronto, ON
- Special Recognition: Lowe’s Canada – Boucherville, QC
- Sustained Excellence: Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc. – Mississauga, ON
- Utility Program of the Year: takeCHARGE (Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro) – St. John’s, NL
ENERGY STAR for New Homes
- New Homes Builder of the Year – Small: Terra View Custom Homes Ltd. – Guelph, ON
- New Homes Builder of the Year – Mid-size: Doug Tarry Limited – St. Thomas, ON
- New Homes Builder of the Year – Large: Activa – Waterloo, ON