2020 Global Taste of Korea : K-FOOD COOKING CONTEST
June 20, 2020
Global Korean Post
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto is holding 2020 Korean Food Cooking Competition to be held in July and August 2020. This is open to all chefs in Toronto restaurants.
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS:
- Recipe: Participating chefs will be competing in a Korean Summer Food Battle “Summerlicious Korea 2020”. Contestants will be required to create a Korean Style Summery Dish.
- How to apply:
- Each participant will create an entrée recipe for a Korean style dish under the theme of summer. (The menu that can be sold at the restaurant is recommended)
- Each participant will complete the application form provided (The recipe and its photo should be included)
- The Application Form should be submitted by email.
Subject: 2020 Global Taste of Korean Competition – Recipe Name
3. Deadline for submission of application:June 30, 2020
4. Schedule of the Contest:
- On July 1-10, Judges will review all the applications.
(The result of the application review will be notified individually.)
- On July 11-Aug 15, Judges will visit the contestant’s restaurant and evaluate the dish. (The consulate media will shoot the restaurant and the contestant’s cooking with his/her 3-5 minute presentation.)
– Portions: Each contestant to prepare (3) servings of his/her dish within an hour
– Cost: The approximate cost of the dish should not exceed $100 per contestant (The Korean Consulate will cover the cost (C$100) of the food, which will not cover other related costs before/after the evaluation.)
- On July 11-August 15, there will be a public vote for the contestant’s recipe photo.
- On August 16-August 30, there will be a public vote for the contestant’s cooking video and interview.
- Announcement of Winners: September, 2020
- 1st Prize – C$1,000 (The 1st Prize Winner will be eligible to participate in the world finals in Korea.)
- 2nd Prize – $700
- 3rd Prize – $500
All the contestants who passed the application review will receive a participation gift